This is a page of links I've either recently found and wanted to share, or a deeper dive into perennially good links to stuff I read regularly.
20 November 2020 linkdump
- noah's site distinctly pink was a nice discovery. It was one of those where I found the link (I think via kicks condor), and I had a poke around and opened some pages in some tabs, and then when I looked the next day, the whole site had changed, some pages were hidden (i.e. not linked to but still online), and it all just makes it feel like I'm rooting around in someone's digital closet. Really cool. Keep an eye on noah's site s it's being updated daily at the moment.
- evy's garden is a lovely place to spend some time, and she has a number of really interesting and creative ideas and sections. She seems to be one of those multi-talented folks who can turn their hand to many things. Anyway, on a broad level, the introduction to her garden is most instructive:
and it's hard to imagine a better description of a personal website/project than this...
gardens are cool
you plant a seed, and help cultivate an environment for it to grow, but you can't really control exactly how it ends up growing
they are always changing, never a finished polished project
it's this little ecosystem, various parts of the garden affect other parts, as some plants die they provide nourishment for others
- The Lilac Lynx: This lovely site has a vibe I'm really enjoying and a nice mixture or anonymity and candour. They also post useful guides like this one on how to code a web page for mobile web browsers <3
- Tiana's website is a really interesting layout which hides some very diverse content. They've made the website their portfolio/CV and it's fun to click around to see what you can find.
- Tiana also links to Sunday Sites which seems like a really fun and motivating group to be part of: they meet once a week online and there is a prompt given out which people can then use to code a new website/page from scratch. Maybe I'll try and join one of their sessions?